Saturday 16 December 2017

Saturday Snapshots #13



Ten clues. Ten pictures. Ten great tunes. Go!


10. Weinstein menace: could this be an appropriate punishment? (A sharp one, obviously.)


9. Jumbo pantyliners. (I'm sorry, that clue really is juvenile. I should be ashamed.)


8. A big twit, fair of face, thinks we all want a truly great Queen song.


7. This is what happens when you have John Lydon round for tea. He mucks about with your TV and your stereo.


6. Da doo one, quick, doctor - there's a Lady playing alternative percussion.


5. Goodbye Lucille goes well with the last song: a very deep fellow.


4. Nobody can make a jacket this fast! Even better than Adele.


3. Bad luck lifts you to this. One day, I won't be here...


2.  Metaphorically, it's green. Literally it's mostly brown, orange or purple. But he says it's red. (Somewhere past L.A.)


1. Have you got a third of Sgt. Pepper? Affirmative!



Answers on a postcard... or in the comments.

26 comments:

  1. Looking at the above:
    No 4 is Taylor Swift
    No 9 is Wings - struggling with the song

    No 10 is Linda Ronstadt, song is Different Drum

    Now got to organise Christmas but good luck everyone with the rest of the answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quick addition - Taylor’s song, 22?

      Delete
    2. Of course I meant no . 6 for Linda Ronstadt - we really are rubbish at getting the numbers right!

      Delete
  2. .....and I now see that Alyson got there first, damn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 - Yes: Owner of a Lonely Heart
    Is 7 LCD Soundsystem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And yes... The song should be obvious now.

      Delete
    2. Oh of course! Daft Punk Is Playing At My House.

      Delete
  4. And 2 is Hollywood Beyond: What's The Colour Of Money?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the easy ones, Wings, Taylor Swift and LCD Soundsystem-the latter is Call the Police?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5 is Mr Bass Man by Johnny Cymbal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 is You're Gonna Miss Me by 13th Floor Elevators. Great song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8 is Solomon Burke - "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to the power of the Internet
    A band I have not heard of Harvey Danger with Flagpole Sitta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wings (don't know the song, my brain is obviously not in "cryptic mode"), and Holly wood Beyond were the only two I got on first look. I now see they've already been solved.
    Happy Thickmas to me - must try harder.
    I will be staring intently on t'internet this afternoon
    *(getting up earlirt on a Saturday morning may also help my scoring)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...